Monday-Friday, 10.30 a.m.-5.30pm
The student programme aims to foster self-reliance and adhering to a general code of conduct in the home/working environment.
- care of oneself and the surrounding environment: self-care, help in meal preparation.We have a full-fledged kitchen which we will teach our students to use. Students do not need to carry lunch or water bottles unless they are on a restrictive diet. Only vegetarian food will be prepared.
- ability to contribute to tasks around the home: cleaning, washing, folding, dusting, drying
- communication for co-existence and therefore getting along with people in the environment- the programme is designed to create the need to communicate with co-workers/peers/helpers.
- communicating with family members- every student will be expected to carry a mobile. Non-verbal students will be taught to use video calling facility.
- Pre-vocational and vocational training:
- Eco-friendly products
- Job work
- Computer Traning
- Leisure time: Students will be given exposure to age-appropriate leisure options- reading, browsing the internet, using the CD player/TV, listening to music using headphones, colouring of adult colouring pages, playing board games, going for a walk in the park, playing simple musical instruments, learning to sing simple songs that are enjoyable.
Unplanned leisure time- students will be given small capsules of time and encouraged to keep themselves engaged in an appropriate manner.